SERVICE CONTROLLER SHIFT SUPERVISOR
London Sovereign has a vacancy for a Service Controller Shift Supervisor. The successful applicant will be responsible for the running of Service Controller shifts including the i-bus room and roadside controllers, overseeing workstations and mentoring and coaching controllers to effectively meet QIC performance targets.
• During a shift, oversee the controllers to ensure bus routes maintain standards and adhere to ‘headway’ or ‘on time’ performance targets as appropriate and QIC bonus potential is maximized.
• Proactively provide leadership and advice to controllers on effectively managing routes and drivers during each shift.
• Actively monitor traffic conditions and ensure appropriate action is taken by controllers to optimise service delivery.
• Train, mentor and coach service controllers in route management, and act as a role model for the skills and behaviors required of an effective Controller.
• Delegate resources to attend roadside incidents and act as the Company coordinator or first point of contact.
Skills & experience:
• Highly experienced Service controller, with a good working relationship with controllers and recognised by them as an ‘expert’ or role model.
• Detailed knowledge of bus routes and geography of operational area
• Proven understanding of QIC targets and how best to achieve these, with an excellent working knowledge of I-bus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator.
• Experience of effectively supervising staff OR can demonstrate the potential to develop skills in the competencies required in this role.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment Department on the following email address email@example.com
WORKING CHARGE HAND
Our engineering function is undergoing an exciting period of change and development in order to ensure that the engineering department is fit for the challenges of the future. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with proven experience in maintaining complex highly technological transport systems. Our aim is to provide a service to our internal and external customers that we are proud of. This is an exciting time to join Quality Line and play a key part in helping develop the business that will set the standards that others will follow.
As Working Charge Hand, you will be a key member of the Garage’s management team and your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising all engineering resources within your area of influence
• Ensure the provision of sufficient vehicles to the necessary standard in regard to reliability, presentation and operational requirements for the business
• Support the Engineering Manager with supervising, motivating, coaching and influencing staff to ensure best practice within the garage
To be considered for this position you must have:
• An NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as PSV or heavy vehicle engineering
• Health and safety knowledge
• Experience of working as a Mechanical or electrical engineer in the bus or commercial industry
Your verbal and written communication skills are just as important to us as your technical skills. Proficient IT skills are essential combined with the ability to use or quickly learn to use any databases or manufacturer diagnostics systems. You will build relationships with the garage’s drivers and service controllers to help ensure a smooth running service. Your ability to work successfully with your own initiative and as part of team will be what makes you stand out. You will also be recognised for your ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of the work carried out.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment Department on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.